Location : Negros Occidental,Western Visayas, Philippines
Distance : 92.6 kilometers from Bacolod City
Kabankalan City is 92.6 kilometers away from Bacolod going south bound of Negros Occidental. This city is the center of commerce, trade and industry in the southern portion of Negros Occidental.
What to see in Kabankalan City ?
There are many interesting places to see in Kabankalan City such as :
• Mag-aso falls – favorite destination of foreign and local tourist due to the unique feature of its waterfalls.
• Mag-aso cave – If you are interested in cave exploration, this place is perfect for challenging adventure. One of the deepest caves in the Philippines
• Balicaocao Highland – Being situated 500 ft above sea level, this place is perfect for viewing the blue waters of Panay Gulf and Guimaras Island as well as the panorama of the neighboring towns.
Where to stay in Kabankalan City?
When it comes to lodging facilities, Kabankalan City just like other big cities has a lot to offer. They have various hotels and pension houses that are equipped with amenities ideal for overnight, weekly or monthly stay. Here are few of them:
- Zaycoland Resort and Hotel – offers complete amenities for a comfortable stay, it has fully air-conditioned hotel rooms, bar, restaurant and swimming pool. It has open access to communication through telephone facilities and wifi – internet access.
- Southgate Inn – located at the heart of the city, very accessible to all kinds transportation which perfect for travelers who will stop over before going to other places in southern Negros. It has complete amenities such as fully air-conditioned hotel rooms, restaurant, phone and wifi access.
What to do in Kabankalan City?
If you want to witness the fun and excitement of the Sinulog festival in Kabankalan City then visit the place every third week of January. This festival honors Sto. Nino as the patron saint of the city. During the Sinulog festival, there are various activities to do and witness. There are many sports events held in the city and night life is so alive during this season. The highlight of the celebration is the parade of dancers painted with black that wears a colorful costume. They dance with the beat of the drum while spectators are watching them beside the street.